This webinar occurred July 20, 2016
Without credible value propositions, you’re telling the buyer, "Go ahead and hammer us on price. It’s OK. We’re just a commodity. We’re no different and certainly no better than anyone else. Besides, we’d rather deal with another 10 years of constant customer abuse than make the one-time effort to simply set down the value of our solution.”
What’s the alternative? Research shows that, with solid value props, you win an average of 12% more deals, and you do it with an average of twice the profit margin. This is because value props satisfy each of the 3 Commandments of Selling to an Organization by:
- Making it easy for your buyers to do their job, including helping them understand the factors that matter more than price
- Making it easy for your buyers to choose you over your competitors
- Making it easy for your buyers to defend and argue for you in the selection committee
Yet it’s not so easy, is it? Because stomping all over the three critical aspects of a value prop – quantification, evidence and differentiation – is the Customer Helpfulness Prevention Department, aka Legal.
This webinar shows you how to craft powerful, persuasive value props that’ll make Legal smile like a lawyer chasing his first ambulance. In particular, you’ll learn proprietary tricks, such as:
- Surprising ways to quantify value that actually increase credibility while eliminating liability
- Three unexpected locations to find rock-solid, undeniable evidence that generates trust in your prospect and gets approval from the lawyers
- Four never-fail areas to uncover differentiators that matter to the client and pass muster with Legal… even if you’re sure your company has no differentiators
- Five ways to push back and suggest alternate means of removing risk (that don’t also kill the sale) if Legal refuses to be reasonable
Join thousands of your fellow professionals on July 20 for this fun discussion of memorable, simple, and useful methods of winning more and doing it more profitably with lawyer-proof value props.
Even though they are absolutely essential to selling on value instead of price, quantified, evidence-backed, differentiated value props are one of the most frequently missed components in proposals.
One of the biggest reasons that they aren’t included is the fear of Legal.
This webinar shows quick and easy methods of creating value props that help the customer choose you, while reassuring Legal that the world isn’t about to end.
Chris Sant is a proposal consultant. He’s a former commercial litigator and federal prosecutor, and a graduate of Stanford Law School and Cornell University, where he performed advanced research into economics and econometrics.
As a commercial litigator at Simpson Thacher, which is consistently ranked as one of the 5 most prestigious law firms in the world, he worked on cases worth over $10 billion and never lost a trial. He also won a path-breaking First Amendment ruling protecting freedom of speech online, was honored by the California State Bar with the Wiley W. Manuel Award for his thousands of hours of pro bono work, and was named "Consumer Lawyer of the Year.”
As a proposal trainer and consultant, he draws on his unique skills in legal persuasion and economic analysis. He helps engineering companies like Honeywell, banks like Wells Fargo, defense contractors like DataPath, IT firms like CheckPoint Software, and numerous other professional service providers with a combined market cap of over $350 billion all create proposals that are as persuasive as the law allows.
His training, presentations and consulting work in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa have been called "pure gold,” "fresh and original,” "outstanding,” "brilliant,” "engaging with a great sense of humor,” "excellent,” "easy to apply,” "entertaining,” "compelling,” "very easy to follow” and "eye opening and informative.”