APMP Webinar: Women in Business Development: Establishing Your Presence
*This is a webinar recording from a previously held event.*
Heather M. Gray, CP APMP
Senior Capture Manager
Next Tier Concepts
This webinar will look at the establishment of women’s resource groups under a business development (BD) lens and provide tips for creating and sustaining internal groups, as well as tips for participating in already-established women’s resource groups and organizations. Aligned to the needs of proposal/capture/BD professionals, the webinar will teach participants how a women’s resource group helps strengthen and refine skills by promoting team building, communication, time management, and leadership abilities.
In addition to providing detailed resource group information, the webinar will include:
- A thought-provoking discussion into the roles women choose in BD.
- How to leverage unique strengths and grow professionally.
- Tips on connecting professionals and developing a network of colleagues to call on for advice related to work, customers, professional development, and personal issues.
Participants will learn why Women in Business Development is an important topic. They will learn how to establish their own women’s resource group and how to get actively involved in existing groups and organizations.
- Individuals who want to gain an understanding of how women can promote themselves, overcome obstacles, and have a successful and fulfilling business development career.
- Men and women working in proposal support, capture management, and business development.
- Women looking for additional resources for both professional and personal growth.
APMP Certified Practitioner and Shipley-trained business development expert, Heather M. Gray, brings more than 14 years of experience focused in federal contracting. She has an extensive background in full lifecycle proposal development. Her experience includes successfully managing large ($100M+) and complex responses to defense, civilian, and intelligence community (IC) solicitations. Committed to winning the right opportunities, Gray identifies and assesses pipeline prospects, manages capture and proposal personnel, builds corporate partnerships, aligns bid resources, develops and improves processes, and trains team members to effectively lead growth. She has supported small, mid, and large-sized businesses. Prior to joining Next Tier Concepts in April, she was a Director of Capture Management at CACI. During her 10-year tenure at CACI, she supported the business development organization in a number of roles with increasing leadership responsibility. She was the founder, organizer and chair of CACI’s Women in Business Development (WiBD) Employee Resource Group (ERG). You can follow Gray on Twitter @hgray_apmp and LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/heatherdeaversgray.