This webinar occurred March 2018.
Poor proposal kick-off meetings are a common problem. Teams waste time working furiously on a proposal with very limited guidance, technical baselines that are still fluctuating, incomplete solutions, and responsibility overlap. Great Kick meetings accomplish the following key goals:
- Initializes the 10 characteristics of a High Performing Team
- Firmly establishes the baseline for every aspect of the proposal with as little ambiguity as possible
- Provides all team members with the bigger picture of what must be accomplished….they see how their part fits into the whole offering
- Forces the Capture Manager and the Proposal Manager to have their act together before the team fires off in all directions
- Provides understanding of why due dates are not arbitrary
- Reduces B&P Costs – minimizes wasted time
- Creates a unified team mission – WINNING!!!!
IMPORTANT: You must register at least one hour prior to a webinar, to ensure you receive the registration link from GoToWebinar in time. If you register after this threshold, you may receive the link in time, however there is no guarantee. Regardless, you will receive an email with a link to watch a recording of the presentation, a few hours after the webinar happens.
- Holding a well planned, content rich Proposal Kick-Off meeting with the entire team is critical to establish a high performing team
- The Kick-off meeting should not be rushed. A full day meeting is not unreasonable for a very large proposal
- The Kick-off meeting must include all the key elements from the Capture Plan, a detailed shred of the RFP, a detailed annotated outline with writer assignments, a proposal schedule, Sharepoint implementation, IMS, WBS, cost targets, and a host of other data required to make sure everyone understands every aspect about the offer.
Capture Managers, Proposal Managers, Proposal Writers, Proposal SMEs, Proposal Coordinators, Graphics personnel, Pubs personnel, Cost Roll up Teams, Executive Leadership, and Functional Managers.
Hennessy Defense LLC
Steve has over 36 years of experience in Capture Management, Proposal Management, Business Development, Program Management, and System Engineering. His strong leadership style and solid technical background have helped him win $6B in new business for his clients. He is a hands-on leader with a strong record of wins. He has an Electrical Engineering Degree from Clarkson University with a minor in Technical Writing. Steve is a driven leader who has a passion for winning.